God has been using Psalm 130 to speak to our family lately.
When I was putting together my blog for my business a few weeks ago, verse 3 was on my heart as I thought about forgiveness. I included the verse as part of my profile to try to reach out to people who visit my blog who might not know the Truth.
I found out this morning that Bryan has also been meditating on the chapter the past couple of weeks as part of his focus on why God allows difficult circumstances and suffering in our lives.
Then, Bryan had lunch with our pastor yesterday, and turns out - he's preaching on this same topic (with a focus on Psalm 131) this Sunday.
I love how God gets our attention sometimes. It's often subtle and gentle, but at the same time, like a flashing billboard right in front of you that you just cannot ignore.
Psalm 130
A song of ascents.
1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;
2 O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.
3 If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?
4 But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.
6 My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.
7 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption.
8 He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment