Saturday, May 23, 2009

One Tooth Less!

Hendon lost his first tooth!

His tooth had been loose for a couple of weeks, and then he got sick with strep. When he was at the doctor's office getting his strep test & getting checked out, his pediatrician decided it was time for the tooth to finally come out! A kleenex and a tug later - here's our big 6-year-old!







When Hendon first realized his tooth was beginning to wiggle, he asked me if I could go to Target and buy him a tooth pillow! I said I'd have to probably order one for him online, but he was worried his tooth would fall out before we got it!
So, we compromised, and I decided to make him one using scraps leftover from his first quilt & baby bedding and some leftover material from his curtains. I used the quilt scraps to stuff the pillow - just to make it more special. It was ready by bedtime that night, so we were both happy! Here's how it turned out.


Hendon told us that he thought the Tooth Fairy must have really little arms to be able to reach down into the tiny pocket to get his tooth and leave the money.

No comments: