Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Preschool!

Little Miss Merrill started Preschool last week, and boy-oh-boy, what a first day she had!

She loves her teacher, and her classroom has a pretend washer & dryer and lots of baby dolls so she's all set.

If you ask her what she likes best about school, she'll tell you, "Eating dinnuh," (which means eating lunch) and "du Bike Woom" (which means the Bike Room where about 15 two- and three-year-olds all ride tricyles and other toys with wheels at the same time - nuts.)

This Monday was a big day for Merrill, too. Daddy was taking our cat, August, for her yearly checkup at the "Docta" and Merrill was excited to get to go along on the way to school.

When I picked her up from school later that day, I asked Merrill about her day and told her that were going to go pick up Brother in a little bit. As we were gathering her backpack and getting ready to go, she pulled on my arm and said,"Oh - Mommy, I wand do dell Mus Dockrell (that's Mrs. Cockrell, her teacher) someting." "OK," I replied, surprised because Merrill rarely engages in conversation with an adult on her own accord. She's usually a little shy. But, not today!


She drug me back down the hall toward her classroom until we found Mrs. Cockrell. Then, suddenly feeling bashful, Merrill tucked her head behind my skirt, and with one eye sticking out said to Mrs. Cockrell, "We're doing to pit up my kiddy cad from the docta."

I, of course, had completely forgotten that we had to pick up August at 4:30, but Merrill had not. She had been looking forward all day to going to get her cat, and she just had to tell her new favorite teacher all about it! Good girl.

No comments: