Friday, June 6, 2008

Belly Button Talk

An early morning conversation this week:

Daddy: "Merrill, get your finger out of my belly button! That's tickles!" (Laughter)

Merrill: "Daddy, where'd my bewwy buddon?"

Daddy: "It's right there, in the middle of your tummy!"

Merrill, lifting up her shirt: "Oh, dere id dis!"

Pensive look on Merrill's face.

Merrill: calling out to brother (who is lounging in Mommy & Daddy's bed watching Blue's Clues.) "Bwudda, do wou had a bewwy buddon?"

Hendon, lifting up his shirt: "I don't know - let me look. Oh, there it is!"

Merrill to Daddy: "Bwudda had a bewwy buddon, too!"

Hendon: "Oh no, I think my belly button fell off!"

Shocked look on Merrill's face.

Merrill: "Oh do, Bwudda's bewwy buddon feww odd!"

Hendon: "Oops - no, there it is!"

Relieved look on Merrill's face. Long pause.

Merrill: "Daddy, dan you made me brufest?"

3 comments:

holly said...

I love it! She is too cute and we need to see that little thing! I am SOOOO glad you are in blogger world!

Suzanne Barrett said...

that is priceless! love those moments!!

Sarah Lary said...

Too. Cute.